AHIP Medicare Guide for 2019
In order to sell Medicare for the upcoming Annual Enrollment Period (AEP), all agents much take and pass the AHIP (Americas Health Insurance Plan) exam. Passing the exam proves that you have been trained in fraud waste and abuse (FWA) and are ready to sell Medicare Advantage plans. FWA training covers industry efforts and tools to detect fraud in the Medicare program. The federal government takes fraud very seriously. This training educates you on the human and financial cost of FWA, as well as the proper reporting techniques.
Remember, you can access all companies certification websites and dates for 2019 cert availability on the Agent Boost Ready To Sell page on our website.
Company certification dates
The following companies certs will be available on the dates below.
AHIP- June 19th
UHC –June 25th
Wellcare – June 26th
Anthem – June 27th
Aetna- July 11th
Humana – July 17th
Things to note
- If you took AHIP last year and don’t want to click through all 5 modules this year, you can click on modules 4 and 5 only and then take the test. You do not need to click on mods 1, 2 and 3 if you don’t want.
- Taking the 2019 AHIP will count for the rest of 2018, so you should hold off on taking the 2018 and just wait for the 2019 at this point.
- While they did not announce it yet, the carriers will likely allow the 2019 certifications to count for the remainder of 2018
- You will get a $50 discount off of the AHIP if you take it through one of the following carriers: Aetna, Humana, UHC
- UHC does not require you to take AHIP, but if you take it through their site, it will complete some of the basic UHC certification modules so you will not need to do them.